You will rarely find two stroke engines now a day. If you are running a four stroke petrol engine, then you have to understand that why your engine is superior to a two stroke engine. The following are some listed points to make your concepts clear about the advantages of four stroke cycle engine:
– Firstly, if you think about a two stroke cycle engine, then you have to understand how it completes the cycle. In a two stroke cycle engine, the working cycle is completed in only two strokes. It carries out suction and compression strokes at a time in a stroke, and working stroke and expansion strokes at a time in another stroke. So, it gives only one crankshaft revolution. But, you can achieve two crankshaft revolutions from your four stroke cycle petrol engine.
2 Stroke Engine
– A two stroke cycle engine can achieve less compression ratio than a four-stroke cycle engine. So, you will not get satisfactory compression ratio in case of a two stroke cycle engine.
– Thermal efficiency of a two stroke cycle engine is quite less than your four stroke cycle petrol engine.
– Overall performance and efficiency of a two stroke cycle engine is also less than your four-stroke cycle petrol engine.
– A two stroke cycle engine does not pose additional lubrication system as like your four-stroke cycle petrol engine. Thus, the lube oil consumption is comparatively high in a two stroke cycle engine.
– As the brunt gases of a two stroke cycle engine gets less time to exit, they creates harsh sound while escaping from the cylinder.
Below video will give you the clear idea about the basic difference between 2-Stroke and 4-Stroke Cycle Engine:
Share and Enjoy